ACA and Cancer
- Paying for Cancer Care Treatment and Care Resource Tool – Updated November 14, 2017
- Paying for Cancer Care: Who is on our Team? – Updated April 4, 2017
- ACA y Cáncer Versión Pública Detallada en Español – Updated November 10, 2016
- ACA y Cáncer Versión Pública Básica en Español – Updated November 10, 2016
- ACA and Cancer Basic Public Version – Updated November 10, 2016
- ACA and Cancer Detailed Public Version – Updated November 10, 2016
- ACA and Cancer Health Professionals Version – Updated November 10, 2016
- “KY Health Insurance Exchange: A New Coverage Marketplace for Kentuckians”, Andrea Bennett
- Knight, J.R., Huang, B., Tucker, T., Guo, J., Maynard, W.R., Wyatt, S.W. Breast Cancer In Kentucky: Progress and Possibilities. Journal of the Kentucky Medical Association. April 2015. 113(4):93-98.
- Kentucky Breast and Cervical Cancer in Kentucky: Snapshot
- “Using Cancer Epidemiology Data for Comprehensive Cancer Control Planning, Implementation, and Evaluation,” (Redmond et al.)
- Hager, P., Given, L., Redmond, J., Rogers, K. Revision of comprehensive cancer control plans: experiences shared by three states. Cancer Causes and Control, December 2010. 21(12) 2005-2013.
- Colon Cancer in Kentucky: Snapshot
- Understanding Barriers to Colon Cancer Screening in Kentucky (Redmond, et al)
- “Preventing Colon Cancer Through Partnerships,” Westbrook et al.
- “Strategies for Successful Implementation of Colon Cancer Screening in Kentucky,” (Redmond et al.)
- Redmond Knight J, Kanotra S, Siameh S, Jones J, Thompson B, Thomas-Cox S. Understanding Barriers to Colorectal Cancer Screening in Kentucky. Prev Chronic Dis 2015;12:140586.
- Redmond, J., Vanderpool, R.C., McClung, R., Effectively Communicating Colorectal Cancer Screening Information to Primary Care Providers: Application for State, Tribe or Territory Comprehensive Cancer Control Coalitions. American Journal of Health Education. July/August 2012. 43(4):194-201.
- Bennett, J.M., Kanotra, S., Redmond, J., Reffett, S., Thomas-Cox, S. Barriers to Colon Cancer Screening in Kentucky. J KY Med Assoc. March 2011. 109(3): 55-60.
- Davis, R., Armstrong, D., Dignan, M., Norling, G. and Redmond, J. Evaluation of Educational Materials on Colorectal Cancer Screening in Appalachian Kentucky. Preventing Chronic Disease: Public Health Research, Practice and Policy. April 2006: 3(2): 1-8.
- Hopenhayn, C., Moore, D., Huang, B., Redmond, J., Tucker, T.C., Kryscio, R.J. and Boissonneault, G.A. Patterns of Colorectal Cancer Incidence, Risk Factors and Screening in Kentucky. Southern Medical Journal. March 2004; 97(3): 216-223.
- Church Bulletin Insert
- Colon Cancer Screening Radio PSA – 30 seconds
- How to Utilize Colon Cancer Campaign Materials
- Colon Cancer In Kentucky: A Community PowerPoint Presentation
- “Strengthening Partnerships Through Consistent, Concise and Constructive Communication,” (Redmond et al.)
- The Burden of Cancer in Kentucky (2000 – 2013) – PowerPoint slides
- The Cancer Burden in Kentucky – 2012
- Ten Leading Causes of Death by Age Groups (years), Number and Age-Specific Death Rate in Kentucky, 2006-2010
- Understanding the Colorectal Cancer Burden in Kentucky: Environmental, Behavioral and Genetic Risk Factors” presented by Thomas C. Tucker, PhD, MPH
- FRESH: Dual Home Screening for Lung Cancer Prevention”, presented by Ellen J. Hahn, PhD, RN, FAAN, College of Nursing and College of Public Health, University of Kentucky
- Environmental Carcinogens Radon and Vapor Intrusion”, presented by Kyle Hoylman, Kentucky Association of Radon Professionals.
- “PARTNER (Program to Analyze, Record, and Track Networks to Enhance Relationships) Tool”, is an online survey tool based on network theory and Social Network Analysis (SNA), whose aim to measure & evaluate collaborative relationships. KCC utilizes this tool for evaluation purposes.
- HPV & Cancer in Kentucky: Prevent Cancers through HPV Vaccination! – parent poster
- HPV & Cancer in Kentucky: Prevent Cancers through HPV Vaccination! – parent flyer
- Wilburn, A., Vanderpool, R.C., Knight, J.R. Environmental Scanning as a Public Health Tool: Kentucky’s Human Papillomavirus Project. Preventing Chronic Disease. Vol 13. August 18, 2016.
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Vaccination in Kentucky: An Environmental Scan (Wilburn, et al)
- Knight, J.R., Bush, H.M., Mase, W.A., Riddell, M.C., Ling, M., Holsinger, J.W., The impact of emotional intelligence on conditions of trust among leaders at the Kentucky Department for Public Health. Frontiers in Public Health. March 13, 2015. 3:33. doi: 10.3389/fpubh.2015.00033.
- Terminate Lung Cancer (TLC) Study – A mixed methods population approach to increase lung cancer screening awareness and low-dose computed tomography in Eastern Kentucky
- Lung Cancer in Kentucky: Snapshot
- For more lung cancer resources, visit the KCC Lung Cancer Network resource page
Obesity and Cancer
- Hopenhayn, C., Pieretti, M., Tucker, T.C., Khattar, N. and Redmond, J. Increasing the Use of the Kentucky Cancer Registry as a Research Tool: An Epidemiologic Pilot Study of Ovarian Cancer. Journal of Registry Management. September 2004; 31(2): 58-66.
- Cancer Pain and the Opioid Epidemic, November 14, 2018
- “How to Increase Palliative Care Awareness, Knowledge and Access for Cancer Patients”, presentation by Dr. Lori Earnshaw to KCC on November 14, 2016
- “Patient Navigation in Kentucky: Then and Now”, Dr. Fran Feltner
- “Lessons Learned: Creating a Successful Cancer Patient Navigation Program”, Dr. Sandra Brooks
- “Cancer Patient Navigators of Georgia”, Angie Patterson
Prostate Cancer Screening
- KCC, KARP, and KDPH Joint Presentation – January 2017
- BREATHE, Radon Policy Research Program and UK College of Nursing Program Joint Presentation – January 2017
- Wyatt, S.W., Maynard, W.R., Bathje, K., Redmond, J. An Overview: Keys to Successful Local Smoke-Free Laws or Regulations Passage and Implementation Progress in Kentucky. J KY Med Assoc. May 2011. 109(5): 131-135.
- Smoking Cessation as a Means for Cancer Prevention: A Retrospective Evaluation of the Cooper/Clayton Method to Stop Smoking Program (2009-2010) (Jones, et al)
- Utilizing Partnerships in Evaluation: A Retrospective Evaluation of the Cooper/Clayton Method to Stop Smoking Program (2009-2010),” (Jones et al.)