Zoom Meeting | June 15th, 2021 | 1:00 – 3:00 PM EST | Register here
Join our conversation as we ring in the New Year and renew our commitment to working together. We want to hear from you! Come share what’s working, areas you need a little help and ways we can work together better.
Tobacco Treatment Conversation
January 14, 2021 | 11:00 am – 1:00 pm EST
Colon Cancer Screening Conversation
January 21, 2021 | 11:00 – 1:00 pm EST
Coming soon: Survivorship and Health Equity Conversations
Interested in joining these conversations on a regional level?
Connect with your regional Kentucky Cancer Program (KCP).
KCP East and KCP West District Council Meeting Dates
What will we do with information from these conversations?
Your stories and comments will help us consider how we may want to revise the Cancer Action Plan based on what is really happening in Kentucky and where we need to grow. We hope to learn more about the Consortium, how it functions and how we might improve upon the structure moving forward to better support you all and your work. Once we have digested this information, we will report back to you on some of our thoughts and findings and get your input to make sure we are moving in the right direction.
More information can be found here.
Please see meeting highlights below and more detail in the links at the bottom of this post.
- Advocacy partners highlighted the need for extra effort to call, zoom, email your senators as COVID is preventing entry to the capitol this year. See more details on upcoming legislation in meeting notes.
- 3rd annual State of Lung Cancer report is available at www.lung.org/solc
- Dr. Pamela Hull new UK Markey Cancer Center, Associate Director of Population Science and Community Impact Office. Read more about Dr. Hull
- Promote Kentucky Cancer Survivor Connection newsletter. Send Amy Steinkuhl, KCP Regional Cancer Control Specialist email@example.com information to include in the newsletter targeted to survivors and caregivers.
- KCC will initiate a survivorship workgroup. Partners interested were collected in the chat box and a request to participate in workgroup will be shared with KCC members.
- KCC will consider a health equity workgroup as requested by participants
- ACS Health Equity Video Link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cOM7cIMrv4 Feedback from the discussions is being collected. You can still send in your notes or thoughts.
- See evaluation results in attached powerpoint on tobacco treatment, colon cancer screening and feedback on the KY Cancer Action Plan along with information on the revision process of the KY Cancer Action Plan.
- Partner conversations about updating the KY Cancer Action Plan will start in January. This year we will focus on tobacco treatment, colon cancer screening and survivorship with a focus on health equity. More information coming soon.
- You can review the Kentucky Cancer Consortium website here https://www.kycancerc.org/ and the Kentucky Cancer Action Plan
- The Kentucky Cancer ProgramRegional Cancer Control Specialists(RCC)will also help us collect partner input on the revision of the KY Cancer Action Plan through the District Cancer Councils. Find your RCC here: http://www.kycancerprogram.org/regional-offices
- Zoom Recording: https://uky.zoom.us/rec/share/LJZci4kmwn6DXd6nrZzGGIpHB9C46ttQHVfLYKJjQQ9g0JMyBHsHC0pY7TmsPrY1.Gn2a0YpSqnwrV4XP
Please see more details in the following links:
Click here for the recording from our Reducing Employee Risk: COVID-19, Tobacco Use and Smoke-free Environments Webinar from Thursday, September 24, 2020. Also, if you would like a copy of the supplemental Resource Kit that complements this webinar, click here.
Worksite leaders, local chambers of commerce members, business and professional organizations and associations, local and state unions, economic and workforce development organizations, and any others who are involved with Kentucky’s workforce are invited to attend a webinar to learn about reducing employee risk connected to tobacco use during the current COVID-19 crisis. The webinar is scheduled for Thursday, September 24, 2020 from 12:30pm-1:00pm EDT/11:30am-12:00pm CDT.
Speakers from the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, Kentucky Cancer Program, Kentucky Cancer Consortium and the University of Kentucky will present information on what we know about the increased risk for COVID-19 complications and smoking as well as resources for worksites related to tobacco treatment and smoke-free environments. There will also be a short Q&A following the presentation.
The webinar is co-sponsored by the Kentucky Cancer Consortium, Kentucky Cancer Program, Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, SelfMade Health Network, University of Kentucky College of Public Health, University of Kentucky College of Nursing, and University of Kentucky BREATHE. If you have any questions about the webinar, please let me know. We look forward to seeing you virtually on September 24th!
Here is the recording of today’s Obesity and Cancer webinar, a panel presentation about the links between obesity and cancer as well as information about Kentucky resources.
RECORDED Webinar: How To Promote Inclusive Communities For People With Disabilities
Recognize health disparities and importance of inclusion of individuals with disabilities in health promotion efforts, specific to cancer and to the state of KY.
Presenters: Danielle Augustin and Lindsey Mullis, Inclusive Health and Wellness Program, UK HDI – recorded on January 23, 2020.
RECORDED Webinar: Kentucky law on genetic testing effective, January 1, 2020! – Presented by the Colon Cancer Prevention Program.
Understand the new law (KRS 304. 17A-259) and its impacts on the cancer burden in Kentucky – recorded on Jan 27, 2020
September 25, 2019, Lyric Theater, Lexington, KY
We are partnering with the American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network to host our next “KY Cancer Summit” focused on access to comprehensive cancer care. This meeting will also serve as our next KCC meeting and will include networking and small group discussions. Click here to register by Friday, September 20th, 2019.