Click here for Zoom Recording
Thank you for attending the KCC Lung Cancer Network Meeting and many thanks to those who presented their good work. It is amazing to see the progress Kentucky is making to reduce the burden of lung cancer through partner collaboration.
We heard a several themes throughout the meeting that can help guide our future work together:
- take a comprehensive approach that expands across the cancer continuum
- create equitable access to services that improve outcomes and quality of life
- ensure high quality lung cancer screening programs that leads eligible patients to a screening, enhances patient adherence and retention
- continue to collaborate and coordinate efforts
Check out our infographic:
- Kristy Young, ACS CAN – Tobacco funding – considering meeting with the Governor’s office and welcomes other advocates to join her
- Shannon Baker, American Lung Association – The single most important and exciting thing that has happened in tobacco control in years is FDA’s recent announcement of proposed rules to remove menthol cigarettes and flavored cigars from the market. I suggest that each of us who can, support the proposed rules and share this ask far and wide. If it’s helpful, please voice your support HERE.
- Clarify HB 77 Radon – what that means for the radon program, funding, etc.
- Follow up on telehealth questions
- Angela Criswell, Go2Foundation – Consider possible advocacy for regulatory change in KY to lung cancer screening coverage in commercial policies regarding site of service restrictions
- Clarify HB 219 Lung Cancer Advisory Committee – opportunity for KCC to recommend individuals for appointments. KDPH will reach out to the advisory committee members named in the legislation in establishing first planning meetings