Please see meeting highlights below and more detail in the links at the bottom of this post.
- Advocacy partners highlighted the need for extra effort to call, zoom, email your senators as COVID is preventing entry to the capitol this year. See more details on upcoming legislation in meeting notes.
- 3rd annual State of Lung Cancer report is available at www.lung.org/solc
- Dr. Pamela Hull new UK Markey Cancer Center, Associate Director of Population Science and Community Impact Office. Read more about Dr. Hull
- Promote Kentucky Cancer Survivor Connection newsletter. Send Amy Steinkuhl, KCP Regional Cancer Control Specialist email@example.com information to include in the newsletter targeted to survivors and caregivers.
- KCC will initiate a survivorship workgroup. Partners interested were collected in the chat box and a request to participate in workgroup will be shared with KCC members.
- KCC will consider a health equity workgroup as requested by participants
- ACS Health Equity Video Link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cOM7cIMrv4 Feedback from the discussions is being collected. You can still send in your notes or thoughts.
- See evaluation results in attached powerpoint on tobacco treatment, colon cancer screening and feedback on the KY Cancer Action Plan along with information on the revision process of the KY Cancer Action Plan.
- Partner conversations about updating the KY Cancer Action Plan will start in January. This year we will focus on tobacco treatment, colon cancer screening and survivorship with a focus on health equity. More information coming soon.
- You can review the Kentucky Cancer Consortium website here https://www.kycancerc.org/ and the Kentucky Cancer Action Plan
- The Kentucky Cancer ProgramRegional Cancer Control Specialists(RCC)will also help us collect partner input on the revision of the KY Cancer Action Plan through the District Cancer Councils. Find your RCC here: http://www.kycancerprogram.org/regional-offices
- Zoom Recording: https://uky.zoom.us/rec/share/LJZci4kmwn6DXd6nrZzGGIpHB9C46ttQHVfLYKJjQQ9g0JMyBHsHC0pY7TmsPrY1.Gn2a0YpSqnwrV4XP
Please see more details in the following links: